As festival season rolls around, it becomes a testing time for anyone trying to stick to a healthy diet. But worry not – you can enjoy all the goodness of Indian mithais, and still stay true to your fitness plan. So to make sure you don’t miss out on the spirit of Ganesh Chaturthi, here’s a super yummy but fully healthy recipe for protein-packed Modak!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Per Modak for 10 medium-sized Modaks:
Calories: 110 calories
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 2.5 grams
Fats: 8 grams
Fibre: 1.2 grams
Or, divide the entire batter to make 20 small Modaks, in which case, the above macros will become half per Modak:
Calories: 55 calories
Protein: 3.8 grams
Carbs: 1.2 grams
Fats: 4 grams
Fibre: 0.6 gram
Servings: 10 or 20 depending on how you measure the macros, based on the information above
- 5 grams Desiccated coconut flakes
- 30 grams Almond
- 40 grams Cashews
- 20 grams Walnuts
- 10 grams Pumpkin seeds
- 20 Sunflower seeds
- 20 grams Blueberries
- 1 Strawberry
- 2 scoops My Protein Impact Whey Isolate (Strawberry Cream)
- 100 ml Lactose-free milk
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- Add the strawberry to the blueberries, and make a pulp of the mixed berries.
- Dry roast the seeds and dry fruits separately on a slow flame and let them cool. Once cooled, grind them into a coarse powder.
- Dry roast the desiccated coconut separately and let it cool.
- In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of ghee on a low flame. Stir in the ground dry fruits and coconut mixture, and roast for 1 minute.
- Once an aroma arises, add milk until the mixture thickens. Switch off the gas, add the My Protein Impact Whey Isolate and stir well.
- Remove the pulpy mixture from the pan and allow it to cool.
- In the same pan, heat 2 drops of ghee, add the mixed berries pulp and allow the pulp to thicken.
- Mix the two pulps together till they form a dough on a slow flame for not more than 1-2 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once it cools, place the required amounts into a Modak mould. Press down to form each Modak and voila – it’s done!
Sign up for the MSF Newsletter and get useful tips on weight loss, muscle gain, and increasing strength, stamina & endurance straight in your inbox! Make sure you’re on top of all your fitness news & needs with one click! You'll also get an exclusive discount coupon that will give you 10% OFF on your next MSF plan purchase!